Δευτέρα 11 Αυγούστου 2014

Blog hop with a difference

Hello everybody! Welcome to my blog!

I was invited to this blog hop by the most multi-talented Greek crafter Puccarina Ioanna. She is a constant revellation, even to her friends, as she has a wandering spirit and inquisitive mind which is never satisfied with a single craft. She excells in many crafts - practically everything she has decided to spend some time with. Painting, crochet, felt, writing, scrapbooking, cardmaking - name it and you bet that she has left her mark on it!

The purpose of the hop is to share some info about my art process and introduce three other artists, to our artsy neighborhood. Most of my friends have already participated and all the others are on vacation, so I think that I will stop my branch of the hop to me.

1. What am I working on right now?

It has been a hell of a year, as I had attempted to stretch the day to more than 24 hours, with no gain of course. So believe it or not, I am idle this month. The only crafty project I undertook was altering some household items. And that's it. Of course I am updating my journal regularly and make some future plans, but no major artsy projects.


2. How long does it take to create a project?

I usually work very fast. When an idea fills my mind, it controls my whole being and does not let me rest until it is materialised. Even the most time consuming projects, need max two days in my studio. My daughter complains that she is talking to me and I am not listening when I have a project in mind, and this is true. Somehow the whole world shuts down until my vision becomes reality.




3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?

Well, depends on the result I am pursuing. Chalky finish for home decor, inktense and neocolors for art journaling, acrylics for painting and the making of my book covers, wax and oil for encaustic, metal parts for journal decoration........ I have many many favorites and a studio full of vessels for my creativity!




4. How does my writing / creating process work?

As I said before, it overflows until it is fullfilled, drowning everything in between..


5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

The world is full of inspiration. A rusty hinge, the colors of the morning sky, a succession of musical notes, an old door.... We live in an amazing world and we only have to look around us to get inspired.



6. What is my signature style?

I love items with history, so my style is a bit grungy and dark and distressed. I like depth in my journal pages, I like layers, I like the patina of time to show in  my creations.



So that is my little contribution in this artsy blog hop and I hope that you found it interesting

Take care and don't forget to create

Myrto


1 σχόλιο:

  1. καλημέρα! τι φοβερό που θα ήταν να μπορούσα για μία φορά να είμουνα το μυαλόσου σε μια έκρηξη δημιουργικότητας! χιχι!
    Φιλιά!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή